I'm seeing the color red everywhere these days, except in my lingerie drawer.
During awards season celebrities walk the "red carpet," which is rolled out to signify their importance. For Valentine's Day the color symbolizes passion and love. In the upcoming Chinese New Year holiday, red represents good luck and prosperity.
It's a power color. Fire trucks and stop signs are covered in red. It's the most popular color used in national flags. Surveys show that men who wear red are viewed as more desirable to women (assuming these guys sport red ties or uniforms, not clown suits). Women who wear red are seen as more sexually provocative. The color red grabs your attention and doesn't let it go.
And then there's red lingerie. Turns out that I don't own a single bra, panty, or any piece of intimate apparel in the color red. I'm not sure why, but I think it's time I changed my non-red lingerie ways. A color with this much kick should be in my wardrobe. (In my defense, I do have one red dress and a couple of pairs of red heels in my closet.)
And there are plenty of ways to exercise the power of red, from luxury intimates to casual sports bras. Here are 10 red-hot lingerie picks that inspire me:
1. The Agent Provocateur Gloria Basque is more a work of art than a simple foundation. The fine tulle fabric is covered in fancy French embroidered lace and finished with silk bows and straps. Fits band sizes 32-36 with cups B to D.Gloria Basque via Agent Provocateur
2. Simone Perele Insolence Bodysuit. This sheer bodysuit with feathered lace details and cut-outs in back would make a bold statement in any color. Available in sizes 1 to 4 (fitting 0 to 10-12).Simone Perele Insolence Bodysuit via Nordstrom
3. The sexy Fantasie Vivienne Plunge Bra. Brilliant 3 part cup and side support panel design flatters every curve. Available in four colors, fitting band sizes 30-38 with cups D to G.Fantasie Vivienne Plunge Bra via Bare Necessities
4. Von Follies by Dita Von Teese Sophia Balconette Bra. What better way to boost your confidence (not to mention your boobs) than by wearing a design created by the "Her Sexellency" Dita Von Teese. The Sophia bra is available in band sizes 32-36 and cups A to D.Von Follies Dita Von Teese Sophia Balconette Bra via ASOS
5. Marlies Dekkers Bright Padded Balcony Bra. Signature fashion forward strap detailing is coupled with rhinestone accents. The perfect bra to play power peak-a-boo from underneath your clothes. Available in two colors, fitting band sizes 32-38 with cups B to F.Marlies Dekkers Balcony Bra via Bare Necessities
6. Hanky Panky Princess Lace Chemise. Hanky Panky's signature stretch lace makes this gorgeous chemise both sexy and loungewear-worthy. Available is sizes S, M, and L. .Hanky Panky Princess Lace Chemise via Bare Necessities
7. The Simone Perele Celeste Plunge Bra wraps you up in rich, scalloped chantilly lace demi-cups. Available in band sizes 32-36 with cups C to E (DD US).Simone Perele Celeste Bra via Nordstrom
8. Hips & Curves Giselle Chemise with garters. Gorgeous stretch lace plus bra cups are matched with figure enhancing power mesh center panel. Available in four colors, fitting band sizes 38-44 and cups C to DDD.Giselle Chemise via Hips & Curves
9. The Parfait by Infinitas Natalia Bra is made with supportive 3 part cup and side boning. Flattering feminine details plus balconette style make it a great everyday or special occasion bra. Fits band sizes 30-49 in cups D to G.Parfait by Infinitas Natalia Bra via Bare Necessities
10. The Panache Full Busted Sports Bra provides award-winning support for all your high-powered workouts. So why not wear it in red? Fits band sizes 28-40, with cup sizes C-H.Panache Full Busted Sports Bras via HerRoom
The color red can symbolize any number of things, from love, high status, to good luck. But you don't have to have a specific reason to wear it. Just enjoy being the center of attention in your own lingerie world.
What about you? Do you wear the color red? Which of these lingerie styles do you like best?
Latest posts by Elisabeth Dale (see all)
- Ms A London: Because Trans Lives (and Lingerie) Matter - February 22, 2021
- Looking Ahead to a Break from Blogging & Social Media - December 31, 2019
- LIVELY Lingerie Review: Pretty Everyday Basics - December 10, 2019