Writing a blog post about the best strapless bras for D+ busts might sound as hard as trying to defy breast flesh gravity without the help of bra straps.
But lingerie experts know it's the band that does the heavy lifting. And with so many strapless fashions to wear, from summer-time tops to holiday cocktail dresses, there's no reason for women not to feel and look their best.
I asked Jenette Goldstein of Jenette Bras (where the alphabet starts at 'D') for her advice on the best strapless bras for bigger busts. Based in Los Angeles, Jenette has dressed her fair share of Red Carpet celebrities looking to avoid wardrobe malfunctions, and is an expert on all things supportive and uplifting.
Here are Jenette’s top picks in best strapless bras, plus two other highly rated brands:
1. The Fantasie Smoothing Seamless Strapless is Jenette's top choice because “the cup size is very deep.” This strapless is also a HerRoom Undie Award Winner, which means it's been reviewed by numerous wearers and gets high marks for style, support, and fit. It comes in nude or black, and fits band sizes 30-42 with cups B through G (GG available this Spring). The Fantasie strapless retails for $69.
2. The Simone Perele Celeste comes in second, but Jenette says it's the number one to wear under plunging necklines. The gorgeous lacy detail doesn't take away from the practical smooth cups of this bra. The Simone Perele is available in ivory, rose, and black, and fits band sizes 30-40 with cups B through F. Another HerRoom Undie Award Winner, it also features convertible straps that allow you to wear it with halter-back styles. The Simone Perele retails for $89.
3. The Elomi Maria Basque Corset is the perfect choice for the plus-size and full bust. "The boning in the body is what will defy gravity and look amazing," says Jenette. The Elomi is available in black or cream and fits UK sizes 34 E-G, 36 FF-GG, 38 E-G, 40 G-GG, 42 E. The At $115, the Elomi Maria may be a bit pricey but as Jenette points out, "it's always worth the extra $$ for a basque!!"
4. The Freya Deco Strapless is what Kim Kardashian turns to for gravity-defying cleavage. The Freya Deco Full Bust bra is available in nude or black and fits UK sizes 28 DD-G, 30 DD-GG, 32-36 C-GG, and 38 C-F. This fab full bust bra includes removable straps and retails for $69.
5. The Bravissimo Contour Strapless Bra is an excellent option for women with smaller backs and deeper cups. The Bravissimo is available in nude or black and fits UK bra sizes 28 F-J, 30 F-H, 32 F-G, and 34 36 F-FF. It retails for £30 and also comes with adjustable, removable straps.
Featured image: Freya Deco Strapless Bra from Bare Necessities
Do you wear strapless bras? Ever tried any of these brands? What was your experience?
Latest posts by Elisabeth Dale (see all)
- Ms A London: Because Trans Lives (and Lingerie) Matter - February 22, 2021
- Looking Ahead to a Break from Blogging & Social Media - December 31, 2019
- LIVELY Lingerie Review: Pretty Everyday Basics - December 10, 2019