Back fat is a big problem, or so it seems. It's generated a whole new search category: the back smoothing bra. Online bra retailers list anywhere from 50 to 200 different bras under this one heading.
But do any of them work?
What is "back fat?" It seems a bit subjective, since what looks like back fat to you may not be the same for me. I only notice it when wearing a bra.
I've been at my ideal weight, toned and physically fit, and still complained of these unsightly bulges. Post-menopause, my skin is thinner. I imagine back fat is a pretty common complaint of mature women, simply because our bodies lose firmness and elasticity with age.
Whatever your age, shape, or size, no one wants to wear a bra that accentuates back ripples. I know it messes with how I want my clothes to look (at least from behind, which is ridiculous since I rarely see myself from that angle, lol).
How to lessen the sight of back fat? Here are 3 ways:
1) Weight training and toning muscles in chest and back. This also helps to improve posture.
2) Wearing the right size bra band. Turns out that wearing too big a band is the culprit, since it rides up and pushes skin around. A snug band (i.e. not digging in) hugs and doesn't wander around.
3) Buying bra styles designed to reduce the possibility of lumps and bumps. You can find them anywhere. You just need to know what to look for when shopping.
Here are 7 back smoothing bra styles:
Front closing bras made of seamless fabrics reduce bumpiness. Many racerback bras do this same trick. (On the downside, you lose the ability to adjust the length of the band as it wears.)
Bras with a "U" or "leotard" shaped bands have larger side wings that reduce bulges.
The taller the sides of a bra, the more coverage it will provide and keep everything in place.
With all the different options and fabrics addressing back fat concerns, you won't have to sacrifice fashion to find what you need.Natori Truly Smooth Back Smoothing Convertible T-Shirt Bra Available in Bands 32-38, Cups B-G via Bare Necessities
Latest posts by Elisabeth Dale (see all)
- Looking Ahead to a Break from Blogging & Social Media - December 31, 2019
- LIVELY Lingerie Review: Pretty Everyday Basics - December 10, 2019
- Bustiers and Basques: Flattering and Festive - November 7, 2019