Warm enough for you this summer? I’m looking at ways to beat the heat as I pack for an upcoming trip to Las Vegas — where the temperature is supposed to be 107°. (Really.)
So what do you wear, when you can’t wear a swimsuit because you need your bra on to conduct necessary business?
These tips on picking bra styles and accessories will help you stay cool and beat the heat, whatever the temperature outside. (Full disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.)
1. Look for bras that breathe. Spacer, mesh, and microfiber fabrics are lighter and wick moisture away from your body, leaving you a whole lot less sticky.
2. Choose front closing, convertible, t-back, or J-clip bra strap styles. All increase your wardrobe options and let you bare more skin in skimpy summer fashions. Many have back details you won’t mind showing off.Elomi Etta Convertible Bra Fits Band Sizes 34-44, Cups E-J Via Bare Necessities
3. Alter an existing bra. There are several types of plastic and clear clips you can use to convert traditional bra straps into a racerback style. (Fair warning: customer reviews suggest you have an extra pair of hands around to help adjust these clips.) An even cheaper option is to convert bra straps by hooking them together with an oversized paper clip.
4. Add a bra liner. If all else fails, save your bra from excess perspiration and yourself from discomfort by using specially designed bra liners. It’s not the most fashionable solution, but who’s going to see it anyway? There’s more than one brand of bra liner on the market now, including these in The Breast Life store.
What about you? Do you have any bra tips to beat the heat? Any products or styles that help you stay fresh in higher temps? Let me know in the comments! (I can use all the help I can get for my trip to Vegas.)
Latest posts by Elisabeth Dale (see all)
- Pretty Floral Lingerie Sets to Remind You of Spring - January 31, 2019
- 5 Great Reasons to Do a Lingerie Photoshoot, No Matter Your Age - January 29, 2019
- Everviolet Finds Beauty in Change: Post Surgical and Mastectomy Lingerie & Loungewear - January 10, 2019