It can feel awkward to be single on Valentine’s Day. All the ads focus on cute, kissing couples. Gift giving is reserved for those defined as “in a relationship.”
It's easy to feel left out, dwell on past relationships, or focus on future fantasies of true love.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
You can take advantage of being single this Valentine’s Day by lavishing attention on yourself. You can make a commitment to your own well-being and put an emphasis on self-love. Because there’s no reason you can’t honor and cherish who you are now, without a partner. You are still worthy.
If you’re single on Valentine's Day, treat yourself the way you'd want a lover to indulge you, with attention and affection. The good news is that any lingerie or other gift you surprise yourself with will be one that you wanted. You won’t have to worry about returning an item because it's the wrong size, color, or style. And you can engage in acts of intimacy with the one who knows your deepest desires.
Here are five ways to show yourself some love and be your own best Valentine this year:
1. Heartfelt, handmade cards made with gratitude. Write yourself a love letter. Make a list of all your unique qualities and the things for which you are thankful. Cover it in heart-shaped stickers, pieces of lace, and deep red lipstick kisses. Mail it to yourself!
2. Fragrant lotions, candles, and body oil. Indulge your senses and give your skin a break with a long bubble bath, or by wearing a favorite fragrance or aromatic body oil. Many scents, like lavender, can lift your mood or help you get a better night's sleep.Sensual Jasmine Vanilla Massage Oil via Bath & Body Works
3. Seductive bra and panty sets. You don't need sexual chemistry with someone else to shop for and wear sexy lingerie. You know your bra and panty size and what looks good on your body. Go for it.Von Follies Madame X by Dita Von Teese via ASOS
4. Sensual camisoles, chemises and slips. Sweet dreams are yours when you wrap your body in soft, luxurious and silky fabrics. Choose from a variety of fashions from short to ankle length.Eberjey Millie Chemise via Nordstrom
5. Exquisite sex toys. Mae West said: "Sex is like bridge, if you don't have a good partner, you better have a good hand." Today's modern and elegant sex toys are artfully designed to fulfill all your erotic needs. There's no reason you can't be your own best lover this Valentine’s Day.
Are you single this Valentine's Day? How will you celebrate and honor yourself?
Latest posts by Elisabeth Dale (see all)
- Looking Ahead to a Break from Blogging & Social Media - December 31, 2019
- LIVELY Lingerie Review: Pretty Everyday Basics - December 10, 2019
- Bustiers and Basques: Flattering and Festive - November 7, 2019