If you’re like me, you haven’t done much---if any---holiday shopping.
According to the Wall Street Journal, only 7.6% of us have crossed everyone off our list, and nearly 17% of us haven’t even headed out to the mall. This year I’m thinking outside the bra and focusing on gifts I appreciate getting. (My friends and family are familiar with my directness.) I’m starting by taking advantage of on-line sales. And since this Monday, December 19th, is the deadline for most free or reduced shipping, it’s time to break out the credit cards.
Here are my top five gift picks, all under $50:
1. Pretty Panties. There’s nothing more depressing than trying to match up a beautiful bra with a lame pair of underwear. Many lace sets are one-size-fits-all, so there’s no worry that I’ll pick the wrong size. At 20% off, you can’t go wrong with Cosabella’s Never Say Never Cutie Low-Rise Thong. Or choose from other brands on sale at HerRoom.
2. Tights and Leggings. Work the cliché and put stockings in their stockings! Tights and footless leggings are a great accessory to any outfit. Choose basic black or brown, but the variety of styles and colors now make it possible to match patterns to personalities. (Guess what I’d wear?) Figleaves has a great array of choices, and if you buy two, you’ll get one pair free.
3. PJs and Nightshirts. I can’t be the only one who loves lounging around Christmas morning in flannel or fleece Jammie's. These sets from Bare Necessities are flirty, fun, and won’t bust your budget.
4. Slippers. Here’s a gift you know will be used daily. I, for one, am hoping I’ll find a new pair of spa slippers under the tree (size medium, of course). Whose feet couldn't use a little pampering? Be sure to check out these colorful moccasins from Bare Necessities.
5. Exercise Gear. Whether you’re a year-round athlete, or making it a habit in the New Year, workout gear is gift that keeps on giving. Moving Comfort’s cap with side zipper is perfect for any athlete in the family (and yes, I’m still running). Take my word for it, cute tanks and t-shirts are also welcome!
The best gift I've ever received? It’s one that money can’t buy: time spent with those near and dear to me. Here’s wishing you and yours a heart-warming holiday.
Latest posts by Elisabeth Dale (see all)
- How to Choose a Bra After Breast Reconstruction - December 7, 2017
- Introducing Estelle Puleston of Esty Lingerie - August 8, 2017
- The Year in Review: Top Ten Breast Stories of 2012 - December 31, 2012