For the more social among us, the next few weeks will be a non-stop whirlwind of dinners and parties. Which, of course, means lots of opportunities for dressing up.
There’s no better time than the holidays to try the lingerie as outerwear trend. The lingerie world is brimming with fabrics that will give your outfit that party-perfect touch. Think satins, velvets, and fancy laces.
And no, lingerie as outerwear doesn’t necessarily translate to ‘skimpy.' You can still be completely covered up! Here are some ideas to incorporate lingerie into your party outfits:
- Robes and caftans – wear one of these in place of a cardigan or jacket. To avoid it looking too much like nightwear, leave the waist tie at home and wear it loose and open instead.
- Camisoles, bodysuits and longline bras – For a dramatic and eye-catching look, pair a bodysuit with a sheer skirt. Otherwise, wear these pieces as you would any top.
- Pajama sets – downplay the ‘loungey’ aspect by styling these with heels and statement jewelry. Don’t want to go out in full-on PJs? Wear the swishy bottoms only with a different top.
- Slips and nightdresses – style these as you would a regular dress. Try layering a sheer slip over an opaque one for added visual interest.
Here are 20 examples of loungewear and lingerie looks to inspire your holiday party style. Some with festive sparkle!Corazon Midi Slip du Jour Available in sizes XS-L via NK iMODE Leopard Lace Corset Available in sizes XS-M via Victoria’s Secret
What from this list of lingerie looks are you most likely to wear as outerwear?
Latest posts by Estelle Puleston (see all)
- Going Semi-Braless: 15 Camisoles with Built-In Bras - January 23, 2020
- 11 Ways Bra Design and Construction Change at DD+ - January 2, 2020
- The Best Winter Loungewear on Etsy - December 24, 2019