Going out of town for the Holidays? Does it matter how you pack bras into your suitcase? Here are three things to consider:
1) Molded and t-shirt bras are fragile. Sure, they may look sturdy, but if you store them wrong you can crush cups. Once that happens, no matter how well they fit, they'll look lumpy and bumpy under clothes.
2) Delicate lace bras need extra care. Hooks can catch on clothing, and bows and extra embellishments are easily damaged.
3) Bras make or break an outfit. Whatever their cost, your bras are an investment. You want to arrive at your destination knowing that you'll look your best. It makes sense to protect them.
I struggled with how to pack bras over the years. I'd separate my lace and t-shirt bras into clear, one gallon plastic bags. I kept contour bras from getting flattened by storing rolled sweat socks in the cups. It wasn't pretty, but at least the TSA could see I wasn't hiding any contraband in my intimates.
Now I pack up my bras in my BRAG Bra Bag.** (See giveaway below.) It's surprisingly lightweight and well-constructed. The two snap closure means no worries about catching fine fabrics on zippers. It fits 2 to 6 bras inside the case, depending on styles. The bag's molded cups protect hard-to-pack contour bras. And it slips easily into my lingerie drawer without taking up a ton of space.BRAG Tiffany Buxom Bra Bag
Interior -- BRAG Katie Bra Bag
BRAG bra bags come in two sizes (for A-C or D-G cups), 10 fun designs, and retail for $59 to $69. That may seem pricey, but I pay that much for one well-made bra. If you travel a lot, it may be cheaper than having to replace one of your fav foundations.BRAG Katie Bra Bag
The BRAG Company got its start by focusing on bra storage, but they're moving on to other travel accessories. They've introduced the matching Panty Pak and a cute zippered Clutch (perfect for stashing coins, id, and credit cards). I like the way the Panty Pak opens up in two compartments: a mesh "clean" side and a solid "not so clean" side. Who wants to see dirty undies?BRAG Panty Pak
If you can use a bra travel bag, please share your bra packing experiences in the comments below and be entered to win a BRAG of your own. Winner can choose from any design or size in stock. Sorry, contest open to US residents only. Ends at midnight, December 7, 2014.
Think the BRAG bag might make a great Christmas gift for a friend or relative (or yourself)? Visit their website and use BREASTLIFE14 at check-out to get a 20% discount. Happy Holidays!!
**Full disclosure: I purchased my BRAG bra bag, and received a Panty Pak and Clutch for review. Opinions are all mine and no affiliate links are included in this post.
Latest posts by Elisabeth Dale (see all)
- Looking Ahead to a Break from Blogging & Social Media - December 31, 2019
- LIVELY Lingerie Review: Pretty Everyday Basics - December 10, 2019
- Bustiers and Basques: Flattering and Festive - November 7, 2019