Christmas is a week away, but if you’re like me, you’re still looking for some last-minute gift ideas. Maybe you need something for a visiting relative, co-worker, or party host. You want any present you buy to be simple and stress-free, both for the giver and gift receiver.
Here’s a list of 10 easy breezy gifts that anyone will appreciate and enjoy. Plus they’re a cinch to find either on-line or at your local mall:
1) Inspiring Books. There’s nothing like curling up with a good book. Even if you aren’t familiar with someone’s interests, you can pick from best sellers and choose a cookbook, humorous, or non-fiction self-help title. Here’s one for the lingerie lover on your list:
2) Nourishing Calendars. Most people rely on their phones to keep track of appointments and commitments. But the old-fashioned wall calendar is a hanging reminder of the things we most enjoy in life: from favorite artists, animals, to celebrities. There are a million different choices in this category, so you might have a problem picking just one .
Gustav Klimt 2015 Wall Calendar Retail Price $20 via Calenders.com
3) Cozy camisoles. Every one appreciates layering options, especially during colder winter months. Camisoles are easy to buy because of their simple sizing, soft and stretchy fabrics, and wide range of color options.Hanky Panky Signature Lace Cami Available in sizes XS-XL and 38 (!) colors Retail Price $34 – $48 via HerRoom
4) Scented candles. Scented candles calm nerves, energize, and enliven the senses. Pick a holiday theme like pine, cinnamon, or peppermint. Or choose something a bit more unique!
5) Lavender Sachets. Stress-busting lavender sachets are perfect for any lingerie or clothing drawer. They freshen the air naturally, and keep odors and moths away. You’ll find a wide range of handmade sachets, in simple or decorator fabrics, on Etsy.
Meadow Valley Lavender Sachet Retail Price $0.80 to $1.05 each via Etsy
6) Soothing Sleep Masks. There’s no better way to get a good night’s sleep than with a relaxing sleep mask. (Plus they’re great for air travel, too!)
7) Fragrant Soaps and Lotions. Aromatic liquid soaps, lotions, and body bars keep everyone clean and refreshed during the holidays.Eucalyptus Spearmint Body Bar Retail Price $7.50 via Bath & Body Works
8) Fun Socks. They keep toes and feet warm, everyone can use them, and they’re available in crazy patterns and colors that lift spirits. Check out these unique sets:Kurbits Socks Retail Price $12 via Happy Socks
9) Stationery or Journals. Sending snail mail or keeping a handwritten diary can be a good thing. Studies show that writing reduces anxiety and inspires creativity. Give someone the gift of release and reflection this holiday season with unique stationery or a personal or travel journal.
10) Stocking Storage Bags. With stockings and garters back in style, there’s no better way to keep them safe and snag-free than with a well-organized stocking storage bag. This gorgeous black satin bag is from What Katie Did — where you can also buy stockings.
What do you think of this list of stress-reducing last-minute gift ideas? Any items you might buy for yourself?
Latest posts by Elisabeth Dale (see all)
- Reclaiming My Time: Thoughts on Aging While Female - July 19, 2018
- Ellesmere Lingerie: Where Inner Meets Outer Beauty - June 26, 2018
- Stop Calling Women Ageless: One Senior’s Rant - June 12, 2018